Sunday, November 4, 2012

Prayer Shawl


FINALLY finished with this project! I've been way too busy so it's taken me 2 months to complete this (belated) birthday present for my aunt. It's a cozy shawl to wrap up in when it's chilly; thick enough to keep you warm, but short enough to walk around with. I used Loops & Threads™ Country Loom yarn in 'Nobility', a size N (10.00mm) hook and a half-double crochet stitch.

I made a full blanket with this same yarn before in the 'Solarium' color and I've got a bag full of the 'Wizard' for another so it's safe to say this is my favorite yarn for blankets. It's very soft and not too bulky, but big enough that the project goes by quickly and doesn't take too many skeins (8 or 9 for a full blanket; 4 or 5 for a shawl). I might be listing these in my future Etsy shop down the road, but probably not made-to-order since they might take me a while. For now, happy crafting!

Nobility
Solarium
Wizard